Procedures for Boat Use by Members
Member sail is free. You must call or stop by to make an appointment on sailing school days, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, 9:30-3. You may also call the clubhouse, 231-256-9618 and leave a message. Your appointment is not confirmed until you get a return call.
Before filling out the release form, please read these rules. You may want to print them. There is a link at the bottom of this page that will take you to the release form.
- Members using boats must have a voluntary release form on file. If under 18, the release form must be signed by a parent/guardian.
- There are 14 butterflys and 3 FJ's available. Private lessons are available if you would like to learn. Do not take out equipment you are unskilled on.
- The powerboats are safety boats necessary for our sailing school and weekly races. These are not available for usage by our membership.
- Upon return, properly store equipment in annex and secure boat on rack.
- Equipment may not leave the LYC property overnight.
- You must provide your own lifejackets.
- We encourage members to sail, however, in order to keep equipment in good repair for other members as well as for our students, you are responsible for any damages you incur. Should you cause damage to the equipment, please call the club at 256-2618 and make arrangements for its repair.